How to apply for neuropsychological rehabilitation | Our Services | KelaSkip to content

How to apply for neuropsychological rehabilitation

  1. Fill in the form Kuntoutuspsykoterapia / Neuropsykologinen kuntoutus (KU 131, PDF in Finnish).
  2. Enclose the following with your application:
    • statement by a neuropsychologist, which is based on a neuropsychological assessment
    • doctor’s statement B by a neurologist, pediatric neurologist, doctor specialising in phoniatrics or child and adolescent psychiatrist, or a rehabilitation plan.
  3. Send your application online:
    • Save the completed claim form on your device. Note that the claim must be in PDF format.
    • Log in to OmaKela. It is only available in Finnish and Swedish. Go to Tee hakemus.
    • Select Sairastaminen ja kuntoutus and then Kuntoutus – tee hakemus.
    • Select the claim on your device and press Lähetä.
    • When you send your claim online you don’t need to sign it.
    • If you have supporting documents, sent them via OmaKela after you have submitted your claim. If they are paper documents, you can photograph or scan them.

      Another option is to send the application by mail:

    • Sign the application and send it with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
  4. A written decision on your application will be sent to you by post. You can also view the decision on our e-service.

When to apply

File your application before the rehabilitation is set to start. Please note that if the rehabilitation measure has already started, Kela can only cover it from the beginning of the month of application. In exceptional cases, rehabilitation can be covered retrospectively for up to six months.

The decision is final and cannot be appealed.

Follow-up therapy

If you wish to apply for support for follow-up therapy, the application must be accompanied by a new doctor’s statement B issued by a specialist or a rehabilitation plan. Also the doctor with overall responsibility for your care (such as an occupational health doctor or health centre doctor) can issue the statement required for follow-up therapy.

You also need a statement from the neuropsychologist who provided the earlier rehabilitation.

Read more

What do you think of this page?