How to claim | Our Services | KelaSkip to content

How to claim reimbursement for occupational health care costs

You need not claim reimbursement afterwards if you are self-employed and get your occupational health services from either

  • your wellbeing services county or
  • a private provider of occupational health services who has an agreement with Kela to use payment forwarding for reimbursements of occupational health costs.

Your service provider will deduct the reimbursement available from Kela from its bill and claim reimbursement for itself. You only pay your share of the costs and receive a direct reimbursement for the rest.

Private service providers can use payment forwarding only if you authorise its use in the agreement on occupational health care or in an appendix to the agreement.

If the reimbursement is paid to the service provider, you will not get a notice of decision about the reimbursement. You can ask for a written notice of decision, but must do so within six months of receiving the services.

  • Kela sends the service provider a notice concerning the payment forwarding.
  • Self-employed persons can access Kela’s e-service to look up information on the reimbursements paid for them.

If a reimbursement is denied wholly or in part, or there is an additional reimbursement, Kela sends a notice of decision to the self-employed person as well as a copy to the service provider. Self-employed persons and service providers both have the possibility to appeal the decision.

If you do not get a direct reimbursement

If the private service provider does not have an agreement with Kela about using payment forwarding, you must first pay for the occupational health services you use and then claim reimbursement from Kela afterwards.

What to do:

  1. Complete the claim form SV 110 TTH (pdf, in Finnish).
    • Save the blank form to your device. Do not fill in the application directly in the browser, otherwise some of the information may not be saved.
    • Open the form with Adobe Reader and fill it in.
  2. Include with the claim a SV 111 TTH (pdf, in Finnish) and/or SV 113 TTH (pdf, in Finnish) form completed by a private service provider. You can enclose several forms with one claim.
    • Proof of payment is not needed, but Kela may ask you for details when reviewing your claim.
  3. You must claim reimbursement within 6 months from the date of paying the costs declared in your claim.
  4. Send the claim via the OmaKela e-service or mail it along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
  5. You will receive a written notice of decision on your claim. The decision is accompanied by instructions which you can refer to if you think that the decision is wrong and you want to appeal it.

Claim reimbursement separately for travel costs and costs related to first-aid readiness

Occupational health reimbursements for travel costs and costs related to first-aid readiness must be claimed separately on form SV 116 TTH (pdf, in Finnish). Send the claim via the OmaKela e-service or mail it to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.

Access Kela’s e-service to look up your information

You can access Kela’s e-service to see the amount of occupational health costs you have accumulated during the year and how much you have been reimbursed by Kela. The system also tells you the amount of reimbursement funds left for the rest of the year.

Log in to Kela's e-service (in Finnish and Swedish only) using your online bank ID or a mobile ID.

Read more