How to apply for Oma Väylä rehabilitation
- Include with the application a medical certificate B or other medical statement containing the relevant information about the diagnosis, the type of rehabilitation recommended and the goals it is intended to achieve.
- Send your application online. A guardian can apply for rehabilitation on behalf of their child in the OmaKela e-service.
- Save the completed claim form on your device. Note that the claim must be in PDF format.
- . It is only available in Finnish and Swedish.
- Go to Tee hakemus. If you are applying for rehabilitation for your child, go to Asioi toisen henkilön puolesta (Act on behalf of another person).
- Select Sairastaminen ja kuntoutus (Sickness and rehabilitation) and then Kuntoutus – tee hakemus (Rehabilitation – File an application). Under Valitse etuus (Select benefit), select harkinnanvarainen kuntoutus.
- Select the claim on your device and press Lähetä.
- When you send your claim online you don’t need to sign it.
- If you have supporting documents, sent them via OmaKela after you have submitted your claim. If they are paper documents, you can photograph or scan them.
Another option is to send the application by mail:
- Sign the application and send it with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
- Once you are logged in, you can check if your application has been decided. The guardian cannot yet see the decisions received by the child. You will also receive a decision letter at your home address.
- If the decision is favourable, the service provider will call you within approximately two weeks of when you received the decision.