How to apply to a rehabilitation or adaptation training course
- First see a doctor. The doctor will evaluate your need for rehabilitation together with you. If needed, the doctor will recommend rehabilitation for you and write a doctor’s statement B you can use to apply for rehabilitation.
- Fill in the form titled Harkinnanvarainen kuntoutus (KU 132, PDF in Finnish).
Use the course search (in Finnish and Swedish only) to look up information on rehabilitation courses and write the necessary course information in your application.
- Enclose with the application a doctor’s statement B which indicates the illness or impairment addressed by the rehabilitation, describes your functional status, and states the type of rehabilitation recommended, the grounds for the rehabilitation and the goals the rehabilitation is intended to achieve.
Please note: Since 1 January 2021, applications to a course for family caregivers no longer have to be accompanied by a medical certificate.
- Send your application online:
- Save the application and attachments on your device.
- If the application or attachments are on paper you can photograph or scan them.
- Log in to the e-service. It is only available in Finnish and Swedish. Go to Messages (Viestit).
- Choose the files from your device and press Send (Lähetä).
- When you send your application online you don’t need to sign it.
Another option is to send the application by mail:
- Sign the application and send it with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
- A written decision on your application will be sent to you by post. You can also view the decision on our e-service. The decision will also be communicated to the rehabilitation provider, who will reserve a place for you in the rehabilitation and accept it as a voucher covering the cost of the rehabilitation. The decision is final and cannot be appealed.
Rehabilitation and adaptation training courses are also available as intensive medical rehabilitation.