Support for the work capacity of self-employed persons
You can maintain your work capacity by arranging occupational health services for yourself and get reimbursements for the related costs from Kela. You may also be eligible for rehabilitation arranged by the authorised pension provider or by Kela. You can get rehabilitation allowance for the period of rehabilitation.
When you arrange occupational health services
Apply for vocational rehabilitation from the pension provider
- Check the alternatives for vocational rehabilitation provided by your pension provider. To apply for rehabilitation, you need a medical statement and a rehabilitation plan.
If you have an illness or a disability
- You may apply for rehabilitation arranged by Kela. Rehabilitation is arranged in the form of courses or as individual rehabilitation. Check which may be possible in your situation. For instance the following alternatives may also suit self-employed persons:
- is suitable for self-employed persons who need support to maintain their work capacity and stay on in working life but for whom rehabilitation arranged by the pension provider is not possible.
- is suitable for self-employed persons and helps entrepreneurs and self-employed persons find employment despite illness or disability.
- is suitable for self-employed persons whose illness has a broad range of symptoms and entails many different problems.