Interruption in e-services on 26 September 2021 between 00:00 and 11:00, affecting the following identification method: OP More information
No appointment confirmation, change or cancellation messages will go out to customers between 05:00 and 20:00 on 25 September 2021 More information
Interruption in online customer service 25 September 05:00-20:00 More information
Multidisciplinary individual rehabilitation
You may be entitled to multidisciplinary individual rehabilitation provided by Kela, if you are suffering from an illness with a broad range of symptoms that cause you a variety of disabling problems. The illness may also require a more individual planning of the rehabilitation process and its delivery.
The aim of multidisciplinary individual rehabilitation is to improve or maintain the client’s ability to cope with everyday tasks and to work and study. The rehabilitation comprises both individual and group-based programmes.
Multidisciplinary individual rehabilitation is organised for persons with specific illnesses
- individual rehabilitation for children with hearing impairment or visual impairment
- individual rehabilitation for children with musculoskeletal and rheumatic disorders
- individual rehabilitation for children with general illnesses
- individual rehabilitation for children with neurological illnesses
For young persons
- individual rehabilitation for adolescents with hearing impairment or visual impairment
- individual rehabilitation for adolescents with musculoskeletal and rheumatic disorders
- individual rehabilitation for adolescents with general illnesses
- individual rehabilitation for adolescents with neurological illnesses
- individual rehabilitation for adults with hearing impairment, visual impairment or hearing and visual impairment
- individual rehabilitation for adults with musculoskeletal and rheumatic disorders
- individual rehabilitation for adults with general illnesses
- individual rehabilitation for adults with neurological illnesses
Delivery of rehabilitation services
Rehabilitation is organised at a rehabilitation institution where you can stay overnight. The content of the rehabilitation period depends on your personal needs and goals. The delivery of the rehabilitation is the responsibility of a multidisciplinary team of professionals comprising among others a specialist physician, a nurse, a physical therapist, a psychologist or neuropsychologist and a social worker.
A close relative or the family members of a child or an adolescent may also attend the rehabilitation sessions. In the case of children and adolescents, other members of the client’s family usually attend all rehabilitation sessions. In the case of adults, only one family member or one close relative may attend rehabilitation sessions part of the time.
Duration of rehabilitation
The duration of the rehabilitation process is a maximum of 15 days. At the beginning of rehabilitation multidisciplinary team will, together with you, define a set of personal goals for you and put together an individual programme.
The rehabilitation services are provided free of charge. You may also be entitled to a rehabilitation allowance for the duration of the rehabilitation. Kela also offers compensation for rehabilitation-related travel costs.
How to apply
Would you benefit from individual multidisciplinary rehabilitation provided on a discretionary basis? Apply for individual rehabilitation.