The online form for paying the student healthcare fee will be unavailable between 15 October and 21 October 2021 More information
Our phone service is closed during weekends and holidays.
We are open from 9am to 1pm on
- Easter Thursday April 1, 2021
- New Year´s Eve December 31, 2021.
During the summer our phone service is open as usual from Monday to Thursday 9am to 4pm.
On Midsummer's Eve the phone service is closed.
Calls to Kela’s phone service, including the wait times, are subject to charges.
Depending on your phone plan, the following rates apply:
- local network rate, when calling from a fixed line
- mobile network rate, when calling from a mobile phone
- international rate as applicable.
If calling from outside Finland, first dial +358 followed by the telephone number of your choice without the first zero. E.g., Health and pensions, +358 20 634 2650.
If you have a phone plan with limited talk, ask your operator if calls beginning with 020 are included.
You can also book a phone appointment. Book an appointment especially if your situation is complicated, your situation has changed, you need a lot of advice or you need help in using our online services.
Phone calls from Kela typically come from one of two numbers. That way you can tell that an incoming call is from Kela. The two main numbers used by Kela are 020 692 219 and 020 634 1611.
- phone service in Finnish weekdays 9–16
- phone service in Swedish weekdays 9–15
- phone service in North Sámi weekdays 13–15 020 634 2894
- video service in North Sámi weekdays 13–15
- phone service in Inari Sámi (with interpreter)
- phone service in Skolt Sámi (with interpreter).