Report changes in your circumstances | Our Services | KelaSkip to content

Report changes in your circumstances

Agreements concerning part-time work can be revised at any time by a unanimous decision of the employer and the employee. If you find that you are not able to work even on a part-time basis because of your illness, contact your occupational health care provider to determine the availability of rehabilitation.

Notify Kela if

  • your part-time employment ends before the agreement on part-time employment expires
  • your part-time agreement is cancelled temporarily
  • the agreement on part-time employment is revised or suspended (for example, because of a change in working hours, the way in which the reduction in hours is worked out or the duration of the agreement, because you or your child are ill, or because you go on annual leave)
  • you receive a compensation from abroad during the time you are paid sickness allowance
  • there is a change in your income under the Self-Employed Persons' (YEL) or Farmers' (MYEL) Pension Acts, which pertains to the partial sickness allowance period or the immediately preceding period, and assuming that the YEL/MYEL income was taken into account when calculating the allowance
  • you start rehabilitation arranged by some other organisation than Kela

Frequently asked questions:

Last modified 22/4/2021