How to claim partial sickness allowance

Claim partial sickness allowance online

Send the application and supporting documents online. Log in to the e-service using your online banking codes or a mobile certificate.

Claim now
  1. Claim partial sickness allowance online. Please note that the e-service is available in Finnish and Swedish only.
  2. Scan or take a photo of the supporting documents and send them over the internet. What to enclose with your claim
    • A medical certificate on form B from an occupational health doctor or other doctor who is familiar with the circumstances at work.
  3. Use Kela's online service to see whether your claim has been decided and the amount you will receive.

Alternatively you can complete and print out   a claim for sickness allowance (SV8e, PDF). Mail your application along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.

If you are in paid employment, talk to your employer about the work arrangements. Your employer sends information about the part-time employment to Kela via e-service for employers or on a paper form (SV 28e, PDF). If you have several part-time jobs, make the arrangements with all your employers so that each of them can send the agreement on part-time employment to Kela. Provide a medical certificate on form B to Kela as soon as possible after agreeing on the part-time arrangements. If you reduce your working hours in several part-time jobs at the same time, your doctor must evaluate your fitness for work and possibilities for part-time work as they relate to all of your jobs.

If you are self-employed, you must also provide information about your working arrangements in addition to the medical certificate. You can provide them through the e-service or on a paper form (SV 28e, PDF).

When to claim

Submit a claim for the partial sickness allowance as soon as you have made an agreement with your employer about beginning part-time work. The claim must be filed within two months of the date on which you would like payment of the partial sickness allowance to begin.

Read more