The online form for paying the student healthcare fee will be unavailable between 15 October and 21 October 2021 More information
How to claim special care allowance
Claim special care allowance online
Send the application and supporting documents online. Log in to the e-service using your online banking codes or a mobile certificate.Claim now
- Claim special care allowance online.
- If you submit your claim through the online customer service website, you can check your income based on the most recent tax decision. There is a calculator you can use to determine whether it is a good idea to claim sickness allowance on the basis of your income for the last six months.
- When you claim through the online customer service, the system shows your latest income as per the latest tax decision and the amount of current income you should have in order to claim special care allowance based on your income for the preceding 6 months.
- Scan or take a photo of the supporting documents and send them over the internet. Enclose with the claim:
When your right to the child care allowance starts on 1 January 2020 or later, the childcare allowance is determined on the basis of an annual income. Kela usually receives information on wages and salaries from the national incomes register, so this information need not be reported to Kela separately. Read more on the annual income.
- In the personal information section of the online customer service site, you can see whether your claim has been decided and the amount you will receive.
Alternatively you can complete and print out a claim for special care allowance form (SV 89, PDF). Mail your application along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
When to claim
Submit your claim within 4 months of the first day of treatment for your child.